Our opening reception is Wednesday, April 20th, from 5-7 pm in King Library room 320. The reception is free and open to the public and will include a panel of current and former students, a chance to see the exhibit, and refreshments.
Beyond our department, I have also received tremendous support from the Department of Media, Journalism, & Film in Williams Hall and many former employees of the WMUB radio station as well as alumni. In particular, I would like to thank:
- Steve Beitzel for digitizing and contributing many of the shows in the exhibit, for loaning the recording equipment on display, and for being the source of some of the best stories and secrets in the exhibit.
- Darlene Chafin for keeping track of WMUB-FM people and materials even after the station closed. Nothing you see in the radio cases would have been possible without her.
- Ringo Jones and his MAC 311 class for the photo used in the exhibit poster.
- Rick Ludwin ‘70 for donating the Studio 14, Newspoint and 529-3521 recordings and scripts, as well as providing guidance, contacts, and advice for the exhibit.
- Ray Smith ’70 for contributing text and the Studio 14 images to the exhibit.
- William Utter for donating photographs and documents for the exhibit.
- Chad Wollett ‘02 for contributing the Passing Reality materials to the exhibit and donating to the archive a copy of the show.
- …and, of course, all the students – known and unknown – who have and continue to put so much work into broadcasting here at Miami!
Exhibit Curator & Special Collections Digital Librarian